this past saturday i attended a retreat & this question was offered - a question at the heart of Wellness Wednesday: what nourishes your soul?
here were some of the responses from the wise women with whom i sat in the circle:
- movement: yoga; dance; tai chi.
- words & "good preaching."
- having a prayer corner, table, shelf or chair in one's home.
- being in relationship with nature & noticing the rhythms in nature.
- wearing "inspired" clothing & jewelry - clothing & jewelry that calls out to us ("wear me today! wear me!"), lifts us & invites us to shine.
- reaching out to help someone.
on this Wellness Wednesday i am holding & offering these questions: what am i receiving? what are you receiving? what difference does receiving/being the recipient make?