- releasing things to goodwill.
- boxes, packaging tape & labels.
- two piles: things for temporary storage & things to travel north with me.
- filling up the u-haul & the u-haul not starting (all that was required was a jump - thankFULLy!).
- two + weeks of training my replacement at work (as of july 29 that "work" became "my old job").
- selling my gym membership.
- changing my address (to my temporary "northern" address, while i look for more permanent housing).
- attending a surprise dinner (coordinated by my parents) at a favorite italian restaurant with oodles of my beloveds in attendance - lucky, lucky me.
- before leaping north guests from out of town, lunches, dinners & tea dates.
- a farewell party for me & my co-worker, who was also leaving the organization we've been working at for years - me, 5.5 years; he, 3 years.
- feeling sad, so very sad about leaving my "work" family. i heart these peeps. they are the best kind o' peeps. funny. intelligent. committed. generous. spirited. lovely. sigh... i miss 'em.
- receiving flowers & the warmest handwritten & e-mail notes.
- making a gazillion decisions each day - day after day...
- deep breaths.
- a new laptop. LOVE her!
- 3 visits to the dentist & 4 phone calls to the dentist in 8 days for 1 broken tooth.
- went to see (500) Days of Summer.
- witnessing & celebrating - how i've grown & how i've learned! the whole of this was relatively easeFULL & i kept relatively calm & carried on...
the journey continues.
tomorrow i travel north to create new work & home.
i will connect with you from there.
how i wonder how you are?