Wednesday, August 19, 2009

my art & the language of my life

a piece of the path i walked yesterday

these recent days i am holding several questions - questions that inspire & delight. here are two:

1. what is my art?
2. what is the language of my life?

on monday i explored these questions in one of my journals, starting with the question, "what is my art?" as my words moved through me (& my fingers) & to the screen i started to see that my response to "what is the language of my life?" mirrors my response to "what is my art?" my art is the language of my life & the language of my life is my art. when i ask "what is my art?" & when i ask "what is the language of my life?" i am asking the same question. i also see that my art is & the language of my life is: my gift, my skill & my contribution.

my art & the language of my life is:
  • being
  • breathing
  • showing up
  • seeing, naming, honoring & celebrating what is, the wholly holy & the extraordinary ordinary
  • presence, peace & practice
  • gratitude & appreciation
  • creation
  • light-full & light-ness
  • joy
  • gentle-ness, kind-ness & generosity
  • healing
  • illuminating
  • delight
  • savoring
  • sweet-ness
  • enough & perfection
  • partnership with Spirit, ancestors, Nature, partner, children, family, friends, colleagues & acquaintances
  • loving
  • mindful-ness
  • listening
  • fluid, flowing, impermanent
  • simplicity
what is your art? what is the language of your life?

No comments: