Tuesday, July 24, 2007

tagged!

the darling kelly rae tagged me & i am playing! the Rules:
  1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
  4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and they should read your blog.
8 things:
  1. i was/won Queen of the Playground (not so much for my charm...ha-ha-ha...mostly for my athletic abilities/tomboy tendencies!) in the early 80s at my hometown summer program. i received a trophy on which the words were written, "Queen of the Playground". sadly, i don't know where this trophy is.
  2. i was a cheerleader for the local "midget" football team when i was middle school age...seriously, that's what the pre-high school teams were called in our town (and, perhaps other towns?)!
  3. i didn't go to middle school. i went to a local catholic school from grades 1 - 8...
  4. my first grade teacher, Sister Marie, died during the summer after i finished first grade & before i started second grade. i remember standing beside my momma when she rec'd this call (that Sister Marie died) & i remember her telling me. Sister Marie gave us little rolls of Life Savers (the 5 color kind) every friday, even when she was in the hospital during the end of my first grade year.
  5. i am a morning person.
  6. i love jelly beans & polka dots & avocado & pumpkin pie & twinkle lights & hardwood floors & mail (sending & receiving) & the memory of playing Old Maid and eating raisin toast with my maternal grandmother and bro on saturday mornings when i was little.
  7. i am surprised & delighted by how much i love living in the city! i've been living in the city for over 2 years. i treasure walking to work, the grocery store, yoga & to catch the train to nyc and the train to my parents' home.
  8. (my) life is full of magic & miracles. i am learning to trust this more & more & more deeply...one of the latest miracles was finding the perfect new home space approximately 21 hours after i let go of a home space (last friday) that i was planning to move into this thursday! [i let it go b/c it didn't feel right...my being/center was not aligned & the universe was not in agreement.] i kept an open heart & mind. i chatted with my friends t, sw & m. i called on my sister, my bella, for support. i received the message, "you are not alone." i made myself available for "something unexpectedly good happening" (a favorite quote from a book i read during my first year of seminary). i move into my perfect new home space in two days. yippee!
i tag:
  1. frida
  2. jen lemen
  3. andrea
  4. katherine
  5. leonie
  6. jen gray
  7. mccabe
  8. susannah

3 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

so fun to learn more about you - and thanks for the tag ;-) x

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

how fun to learn about you...blessings, rebecca

Anonymous said...

How could I know you like the sister you are to me and not know some of your 8 facts? Your light continues to shine through this blog...thank you for inviting me to join you! Love and hugs...