a fun friday thing i found today on ***sparkletopia*** (a link listed under "Ongoing Creative Projects" on the left side of the page...):
here are my friday fill-ins:
1. a visit to the lake with s & a; a trip to portland, maine; going to t's concert; wearing cozy layers o' clothing; autumn evening walks (taking notice of candles in windows and the scent of burning firewood in the air); eating slices of pumpkin pie; and, drinking cups of hot and delicious beverages (tea, chai and hot cocoa with whipped cream) are some of the things I'm most looking forward to in October.
2. Sometimes I forget to be tender and spacious with me.
3. [nothing is showing up for me here in the way of a response so i will pass on this one...] and that's why there is a saying, "never say never"!
4. When I'm down, I remember that it all shifts/changes; I remind myself to ride this wave as I am; and, I ask, "What am I learning here, in this down?"
5. in a space of gratitude is where you'll find me most often.
6. A rainy day is good for time "in" and "off"...resting in my nest, snuggled under a soft blanket, maybe reading a yummy book or watching a sweet movie.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a quiet, nourishing and creative night at home/in my little nest; tomorrow my plans include a bit o' work in the a.m. and a tea date at a new spot with t; and, Sunday I want to go to an early a.m. kundalini yoga class (unless my body says, "dear gem, you must rest rather than rise this early a.m...") and enjoy a shopping date with my momma!
and, today's grat*nours:
*a quote found here. "The details make life holy. If you want a little happiness in life don’t forget to look at the little things. It is a poet’s work to see the incidental, pluck it, place an appropriate silence around both sides and see the profound in what passes for a passing moment. It is an artist’s job to as much discover art as create it. Prayer is a way of making the common profound by pausing, tying knots around a moment, turning our life into a string of pearls." -Noah Ben Shea
*a soul*connecting, listening*full, deep & intimate two hour phone conversation with my dearest friend, d, this evening.
*the gift of my co-workers. two of them celebrated birth*days this week. i honor their play*fullness, kind*ness, commitment and wisdom.
*chookooloonks and 3191 a year of evenings. check 'em out!
happy weekend to all and to all a sweet night...