Le Sophie gave me the letter "t" & i chose my top ten favorite "t" words.
definitions found here.
01. talisman: something with magical powers; something that produces extraordinary results. here are a few of my somethings with magical powers - my owls (ollie, wynne & willem); my collection of rocks & stones; and, my statues of guan yin, st. francis of assisi & mary.
02. text: the words of something written. text - read & written words are a life saving grace in my life.
03. thanksgiving: the act of giving thanks. i practice offering my thanks - again & again & again. i am grateFULL for the whole of my life & creation.
04. thread: that which runs through the whole course of something, connecting successive parts. ministering & healing & loving & creating are some of the connective threads running through my life.
05. topography: detailed, precise description of a place or region. mostly i want to know this - what is the topography of my heart? of your heart?
06. touch: to come into or be in contact with. these are some of the things that touched me today - re-reading an e-mail from my roomie at SAW in september '09; exchanging e-mails with some of bella's college buds; receiving the sunshine; and, simply being in the presence of my beloved friend, t., during our weekly tea date.
07. tribe: a large family. i honor all members of my tribe - throughout this city, state, coast, country & continent; in the world; and, in the universe (including my angels & ancestors).
08. true: real, genuine, authentic. this is one of my ministry vows (a vow i wrote) - i vow to live truth-fully - which is to say, i vow to be true.
09. tweet: a chirping sound - as of a young or small bird. this word makes me smile. it reminds me of my poppa's nickname for me when i was a wee one - magpie. he called me magpie because of my chirping/tweeting. i still tweet.
10. twirl: to spin, whirl, revolve. i heart this word. it's the kind of word that consistently lifts me up & spins me around when i need spinning/shifting. it makes me think of freedom, fresh air, arms spread wide & face lifted toward the sun.
some other "t" words:
- thirty three.