Monday, June 18, 2007

lay me down

as i walked to work this morning the song, "Big Strong Girl," by Deb Talan played in my head. these lines specifically:

"It's not now or never.
It's not black, and it's not white.
Anything worth anything takes more than a few days
and a long, long night.

Don't push so hard against the world, no, no.
You can't do it all alone, and if you could
would you really want to?
Even though you're a big strong girl
come on, come on, lay it down..."

oh dear, i do need to lay it down. now it is night and i need to lay all of me down. i am on my way...

i am reminded of the prayer i used to pray each night before sleep when i was a wee one:

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
God bless mommy, daddy...
all my aunts and uncles, cousins, friends and relatives
and all of those in need of prayer."

for all of you "big strong" girls and boys, i wish you peace-full rest and the sweetest dreams.

good night, tender souls.

1 comment:

jen lemen said...

i love this song, so much. thanks for reminding me and welcome to the blogging world, gem! you will love it here as much as we will love having you, i'm sure.