Sunday, February 22, 2009

this february weekend

a quiet winter's night in my nest on friday. hibernating & hiding from the wind. writing. reading Journal of a Solitude by May Sarton. baking cookies. listening to a recent The Spirit of Things podcast, "Fire and Light", about bushfires (the Victorian bushfires & the Canberra bushfires).
*
early to bed on friday night, early to rise on saturday morning. while sunlight spread i listened to my bird friends chirp. i heart their chirping. later i find these words by Terry Tempest Williams here:
"I pray to the birds.
I pray to the birds because I believe they will carry messages of my heart upward.
I pray to them because I believe in their existence,
the way their songs begin and end each day - the invocations and benedictions of earth.
I pray to the birds because they remind me of what I love rather than what I fear.
And at the end of my prayers,
they teach me how to listen."
*
remembering where i was at this time last year. a year ago i arrived in heart shaped Africa with my momma. my heart cracked open even wider, as vast as the ocean we crossed, allowing for more light & more healing & more love & more grace & more understanding to rush in. this voyage continues...
*
a nourishing bodywork appointment on saturday afternoon followed by a divine phone consultation with a healer.
*
connecting with my Squam Arts Workshops roomie via e-mail. she recognized me when i posted a message on the message board & she sent me an e-mail. i wrote her back & then she wrote me back again &...well, you get the picture. i think there's going to be a lot of sweet conversation between the two of us as we prepare for this journey together. i am giddy!
*
sunday so far has looked like this: waking. a bit of yoga. cleaning up my nest. to the gym. to the grocery store. into the shower. eating. checking in with bloggie beauties. collaging. preparing for a delicious evening/night with my parents & dear family friends - dinner and the Oscars.
*
i do hope your weekend was/is cozy & creative & shared with beloved ones.

No comments: