Saturday, January 10, 2009

this morning

i woke after a rest-full night sleep.
a night of
uninterrupted,
unbroken
sleep.

grateful.

as i turned toward my big window
i hoped to see
through
this lens
snow
falling.

expectant.

my hope for snow was wider than usual, i realized.
this greater hope
due to the cancellation of today's special day of retreat.
canceled because of this talk of snow.
this snow talk.

no snow falling.
had it snowed and stopped?
or,
paused?

i scanned the rooftops first.
no snow there.
snow on the ground?
no.

will it snow?
i don't know.

there may be rain.

still,
this morning
i am moving in the quiet,
soft
and
graceful ways
snow
invites me,
calls me.

crawling back into bed for a bit longer.
turning up the heat.
rolling out my yoga mat.
raising my arms.
welcoming this day
as it
is,
as it
unfolds.

yes.

retreating once more to my bed.
this time
sitting
cross legged
facing the window
and
reading aloud
the beginning pages
(and pages)
of
John O'Donohue's book,
To Bless the Space Between Us.

these are
my morning prayers.

from "Matins":

"In the name of Silence
Womb of the Word,
In the name of Stillness
Home of Belonging,
In the name of the Solitude
Of the Soul and the Earth.

I arise today."

from "A Morning Offering":

"May I have the courage today
To live the life that I would love,
To postpone my dream no longer
But do at last what I came here for
And waste my heart on fear no more."

from "For A New Beginning"
[yasmine, i thought of you & your word, unfurl, when i read these words...]:

"Though your destination is not year clear
You can trust the promise of this opening;
Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
That is at one with your life's desire."

wishing radiant you* a gently courageous day...

**
a reminder: leave a comment here to enter to win a give*away, an extra*special gem parcel.

1 comment:

yasmine said...

the mention caught me by surprise and was exactly the reminder that i so needed :)